V. Vijayasai Reddy Wiki, Profile, Family Update.
V. Vijayasai Reddy
Constituency: Andhra Pradesh
Full name: Venumbaka Vijayasai Reddy
Date of Birthday : 1 July 1957
Place of Birth : Tallapudi, West Godavari district, Andhra Pradesh, India
Political Party: Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party
Educational Qualification : F.C.A. Educated at Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi
Profession : Chartered Accountant, Politician
Marital Status : Married on 29 May 1986
Spouse's Name : Shrimati Venumbaka Sunanda Reddy
Children : V. Neha
Parents: Late Shri V. Sundararami Reddy, Shrimati V. Sujathamma
Permanent Address : Res: Villa No-11,PARC Ville, Tadepalli Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh 522501 Tel.- 09951299199,9492865746
E-mail : venumbaka[dot]vr[at]sansad[dot]nic[dot]in
V. Vijayasai Reddy (born 1 July 1957) is the Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha, Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Commerce, Parliamentary Party Leader, The National General Secretary of YSR Congress Party and Chartered Accountant.
Life and work
Venumbaka Vijayasai Reddy was born on 1 July 1957 in Tallapudi in the Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh. He completed his chartered accountancy in Chennai and later set up his own firm with offices in Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad. He is married to Sunanda, and he then later adopted a child and named Neha. Mr. Vijayasai served as Member of Board of Trustees of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams, Tirupati, for two consecutive Terms (GO Rt No. 1221 dated 08.2006).
Mr. Vijayasai, also financial advisor of Jagan's Group of companies and family auditor of former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
He also served on the board of several state government undertakings in addition to a stint as the Director of the Oriental Bank of Commerce.
Member of Parliament
- In June 2016, he was the candidate for the Rajya Sabha seat from Andhra Pradesh and was elected unopposed. He has introduced ten Private Member Bills in the Parliament.
- In December 2016, Mr. Reddy introduced a Private Member Bill to amend the Constitution of India (Articles 102 and 191) to enable the Parliament to make any law containing special provisions concerning the elected members of either House of Parliament and state assembly/council with regard to the date of disqualification. This was in order to provide a fixed time-frame for disqualification of members in case of defection.
- In July 2017, Mr. Reddy introduced a Private Member Bill in the Rajya Sabha aimed at protecting couples from honour killings and providing legal assistance to inter-religious and inter-caste couples facing harassment.
- In December 2017, Mr. Reddy introduced an amendment to the Constitution to make the right to health a fundamental right.
- In December 2017, Mr. Reddy introduced the Prevention of Torture Bill which would fulfill India's commitment to ratify the United Nations Convention against Torture.
- In December 2017, Mr. Reddy introduced the Prevention of Enforced Disappearance Bill which would fulfill India's commitment to ratify the International Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance.
- In January 2018, Mr. Reddy introduced two Bills seeking amendments to the Constitution to give reservation to Other Backward Classes in the legislatures, educational institutions and government jobs in proportion to their population.
As a Member of Parliament, Mr. Reddy serves in the Standing Committee for Rules, and Petroleum & Natural Gas.
Disproportionate Assets Charges
Vijaysai Reddy, an aide and financial advisor of Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy, was arrested on 2 January 2012 , by Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). He was the first accused to be arrested in relation to the disproportionate assets charges against Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy. The charges against Vijaysai Reddy include criminal conspiracheating, criminal breach of trust, falsification of accounts and criminal misconduct. In addition, he was also charged of playing a mischief role in the sale of shares, worth 533 crores, of Sandur Power Company. He is referred to as "A2" in the disproportionate assets charges, whilst Y.S.Jagan Mohan Reddy is referred as "A1"
Timeline of Arrests and Bails
- 2 January 2012: First arrest by CBI in relation to disproportionate assets against Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy.
- 13 April 2012: Bail granted by Special Court of CBI.
- 21 April 2012: Cancelled bail by High Court of Andhra Pradesh on review petition by CBI.
- 23 April 2012: Surrendered in CBI Court
- 30 April 2012: Granted bail by High Court of Andhra Pradesh, upholding Special Court of CBI's judgement given on 13 April 2012.
- 5 June 2013: Sent to judicial custody on cancellation of bail by Supreme Court of India.
- 8 October 2013: Granted bail by Special Court of CBI in Hyderabad.
V. Vijayasai Reddy Official Social Network Profile/Page/Account:
|Youtube [V. Vijayasai Reddy not available. Check Youtube Website]|
|IMDB [V. Vijayasai Reddy not available. Check IMDB Website]|