Jagdambika Pal Wiki, Profile, Family Update.
Born/Date of Birthday: 21 October 1950
Place of Birth: Rameshwerpuri Village, Distt. Basti, Uttar Pradesh, India
Political party: Bharatiya Janata Party
Other political affiliations: Indian National Congress
All India Indira Congress (Tiwari)
Akhil Bharatiya Loktantrik Congress
Educational Qualifications: M.A. (Pol. Science, Ancient & Modern History) & LL.B.
Educated at: Awadh University, Gorakhpur University and Lucknow University
Profession: Advocate, Educationist, Politician
Marital Status: Married
Date of Marriage: 13 Jul 1975
Spouse's Name: Smt. Sneh Lata Pal
No. of Sons: 1 (Abhishek Pal)
No.of Daughters: 2 (Pooja Singh Rathore and Arti Pal)
Parents: Late Shri Surya Bux Pal, Late Smt. Mool Raji Devi
Permanent Address: Vill. Sandi, Teh. Naugarh, Distt. Siddharth Nagar, U.P.
Tels: 09013180217, 0941503781 (M)
Jagdambika Pal is an Indian politician who was the 17th Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh. He was also a member of 15th Lok Sabha & 16th Lok Sabha and was a member of Indian National Congress, until he resigned on 7 March 2014.
He was a member of Indian National Congress. He parted from the Indian National Congress to join All India Indira Congress (Tiwari) of N. D. Tiwari but in 1997, he formed Akhil Bharatiya Loktantrik Congress along with Naresh Agarwal, Rajeev Shukla and Shyam Sunder Sharma and Bacha Pathak and became minister of transport in Kalyan Singh government.
Later, Jagdambika Pal became the president of the Uttar Pradesh state unit of the Indian National Congress.
In 2009 he was elected to the 15th Lok Sabha from Domariyaganj Lok Sabha constituency in Siddharthnagar district, Uttar Pradesh.
On 3 July 2011, Jagdambika Pal and other members of Lok Sabha, lower house of the Parliament of India, opened Commemorative plaque at Mahua Dabar, where the British massacred 5,000 people during the Indian Rebellion of 1857.
Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
When, the Uttar Pradesh state government led by Kalyan Singh was dismissed on 21 February 1998 by Governor of Uttar Pradesh Romesh Bhandari, he became the Chief Minister. Kalyan Singh moved Allahabad High Court which termed the dismissal of government unconstitutional on 23 February 1998, thereby reinstating the Kalyan Singh government.
He holds the record for the shortest stint as Chief Minister of any state in India for just one day. He is popularly known as the "one-day chief minister". However, the legibility of his regime, is disputed as the Kalyan Singh government's dismissal had been declared unconstitutional by the Allahabad High Court.
He was born in a Kshatriya Rajput family to Surya Baksha Pal and Mool Rajidevi at bharvaliya village of Bankati Block in Basti district of Uttar Pradesh state. He founded Surya Baksha Pal Girls Inter college and Surya Baksha Pal Post Graduate Degree College at Bankati, Basti district.
- 1982-93 Member, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council (two terms)
- 1988-1999 Minister of State, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh
- 1998 Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
- 1993-2007 Member, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly ( three terms)
- 2002 Cabinet Minister, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh
- 2009 Elected to 15th Lok Sabha (INC) from Domariyaganj Member, Committee on Energy; Member, Committee on Petitions; Member,Committee on Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADs); Member, Committee on Chemical and Fertilizers; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation and Ministry of Tourism
- 2014 Resigned from 15th Lok Sabha and Indian national Congress party
- 2014 Elected to 16th Lok Sabha (BJP) from Domariyaganj.
- 2019 Elected to 17th Lok Sabha from Domariyaganj.
Jagdambika Pal Official Social Network Profile/Page/Account:
|Youtube [Jagdambika Pal not available. Check Youtube Website]|
|IMDB [Jagdambika Pal not available. Check IMDB Website]|