Suhas LY (IAS) | Srivideo
Birth name: Suhas Lalinakere Yathiraj
Born/Date of Birth: 2 July 1983
Place of Birth: Hassan, Karnataka, India
Residence: Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
Education: National Institute of Technology Karnataka Surathkal.
DATE OF APPOINTMENT TO IAS: 18/08/2007
Height: 1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)
Weight: 61 kg (134 lb)
Suhas Lalinakere Yathiraj (born 2 July 1983) is an Indian professional Para-Badminton player currently ranked world No.2 in Men’s Singles and an IAS officer of 2007 batch of Uttar Pradesh cadre. He is serving as District Magistrate of Gautam Buddha Nagar. He was formerly serving as the District Magistrate of Prayagraj. He became National Champion after winning Gold Medal in Men's Singles category at 2nd National Para Badminton Championships held at Varanasi in March 2018.
At the 2016 Asian Para Badminton Championships, Beijing, China, he became the first Indian bureaucrat to win a professional International Badminton Championship. He won gold beating Hary Susanto of Indonesia in the finals when he was serving as District Magistrate of Azamgarh. He came to International attention when he won gold and became first ever serving Indian bureaucrat to represent and win a medal for India at global level.
In December, 2016, he became the recipient of Uttar Pradesh’s highest civilian honor, the Yash Bharti, which he received on 1 December 2016 by the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh. On December 3, World Disabilities Day, he received award from the state government for his performances in para sports. He also holds distinctive record for winning many awards while serving in his official capacity. He has been awarded for his performances by Governor of Uttar Pradesh for his duties related to elections, by Revenue Minister and Chairman, Board of Revenue for duties regarding revenue administration.
Childhood and Education
Suhas Lalinakere Yathiraj was born to Yathiraj L K(late) and Jayashree C S in Hassan, Karnataka. Sibling : Sharath L Y, His early schooling happened in Dudda near Mandya district. Since his father was a government servant, he had to travel and move with father during his postings at different places. He did most of his secondary education in Shivamogga, Karnataka. He graduated from National Institute of Technology, Surathkal, Karnataka in Computers branch in 2004 by scoring First class with Distinction.
Suhas is married to Ritu Suhas, who got selected as Mrs U.P in Mrs. India 2019 contest a PCS officer currently posted as Additional Municipal Commissioner in Allahabad. His daughter Saanvi is 5 years old and son Vivaan is 2 years old. His wife has also been awarded for excellent work in voter awareness in general elections.
Awards and recognition
- Yash Bharti, highest civilian honour of UP. (2016)
- Best Para Sportsperson, by State government of Uttar Pradesh on World Disability Day on 3 December 2016 in Lucknow
- Memento felicitation by president BAI (Badminton Association of India) during PBL (Premier Badminton League) in Lucknow on 6th Jan, 2017
- On the occasion of National Sports Day, 2017 (August, 29th, 2017), he was given special award by Hon'ble Chief Minister, UP for winning International Medals for the Country and also received cash prize of 10 Lac rupees and appreciation certificate.
- Shortlisted for Prime Minister’s award for excellent performance in Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Award
- Developed Mobile Application for Kuposhan ka Darpan and Pregnancy ka Darpan, to help undernourished children and pregnant mothers
- Developed Mobile Application for helping differently abled voters during general elections
- Awarded by Revenue minister, Government of UP and Chairman Board of Revenue for excellent work in administration
- Awarded by Hon’ble Governor UP for good performance in election related work
- During his stint as District Magistrate, Azamgarh, he also got shortlisted for Prime Minister's award for exemplary work in PM Jan Dhan Yojna on civil services day, 2016
|Suhas LY Official Social Network Page/Account|
|Official Instagram Page||N/A|
|Official facebook Page||N/A|
|Official Twitter Page||N/A|